Our technical editing services see us work with authors to improve the structure and readability of their documents.
We offer copyediting, proofreading and substantive editing. We specialise in looking at the big picture as well as the detail to make sure the publication suits its audience and its intent – bids and proposals, reports, awards submissions, manuals, white papers, discussion papers and other documents.
While 360 Project Solutions has provided technical editing services across a broad spectrum of industry and interest areas, we have a very strong background in providing technical editing services for projects in the area of rail, ports, mining and power. Our understanding of these industries enables us to:
- simplify the technical without losing the key messages
- work through the (at times copious) words to uncover the author’s intended message
- engage and gain the respect of the authors we work with, and in the process, ultimately deliver an improved outcome
Technical editing sees the three levels of editing combined to deliver a complete document solution:
- Substantive editing reviews structure, content, language, tone, style and presentation. This includes restructuring, rewording, editing for clarity, changing language from complex to simple, editing to change tone, editing to ensure a cohesive writing style.
- Copyediting, is undertaken at a later stage than substantive editing, its focus is narrower and looks at vocabulary, grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and consistency.
- Proofreading requires an eye for detail, it has the narrowest focus and involves a limited check for:
- document completeness
- spelling, typographical or punctuation errors
- correct cross-referencing and sequencing
- appropriate page breaks, line breaks and positioning of visuals.